Agents of Disease Stations
In order to familiarize yourself with the different types and treatments associated with diseases (pandemics & epidemics), you will be analyzing data from a series of infographics. Use the links below to answer the following questions about each infographic in your notebook.
- What is the name of the disease?
- What type of agent is it (fungus, parasite, virus, bacteria)?
- What is its #1 vector or carrier? Make sure you understand the difference and identify which it is. If you do not know the difference, click here.
- Is it infectious or noninfectious? Make sure you understand the difference and identify which it is. If you do not know the difference, click here.
- Where can it be found? You may give country or continent examples for this one. One to two examples is fine.
- What is the treatment? (think about some of the things you found on the MedMyst activities).
- Is the disease considered an outbreak, epidemic, or pandemic? Use the most recent information provided on your infographics.